Re: OLTC maggy

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 14:09 08/04/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>In a message dated 4/8/03 2:50:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>
>Boris, all,
>
>All I can say is that in the work I've done, coils seem to
>produce shorter sparks for a given input power at very high
>bps.  I agree that something below 800 bps will probably
>be more efficient.  This concept applies both to classic
>TCs and to magnifiers as far as I can tell.

I also found this true with my mini OLTC. Increasing the power through
bigger bang size had a better effect on the spark length than increasing it
through upping the BPS. The problem with the OLTC is that large bang size
is difficult but high BPS is easy, so the latter is always more tempting.

Steve C.