RE: Differences between "bad" streamers and "good" streamers

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Interesting observation!  I would have concluded that you're seeing things,
but I also noted a related observation by Cap'n Dan about ten posts ago:
 >You could see a sort of "heated air" effect around the
 >discharge point which I'm not sure if it was caused by heat, or if i was
 >looking through the actual streamer, but that was it.

I've seen this as well.  The air about the discharge is heated and has a
significantly different refractive index.  I never thought about it before,
but this would result in what appear to be shadows!

Regards, Gary

Original poster: "S Gaeta by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>

Someone took a picture of my coil with flash. You can barely make out the
streamers. The wierd part is that there was a solid white background in the
photo, and in two of the photos it looks like there is a shadow of the
streamers on the wall. That's impossible! Isn't it????? How can something
that is light + invisable energy block light?

Sue