Coil design help

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-madlabs.info>

Hi All,

I am helping a student in Croatia build a coil. He is reluctant to post
because of his English, or lack thereof. I keep telling him that his English
is much better than most people's Croatian! Anyway...

He has a 5kV/50mA NST, and a 7.5cm (3") by 90cm length of secondary form. I
was playing with JavaTC and came up with some possible designs. However, I
really don't want to steer this poor guy wrong. So I thought I'd ask for
advice here.

The basic plan is a SW/LTR cap, flat primary. He would like a fairly tall
coil. For the first gap a simple RQ/TCBOR type. Safety gap of course. A
Fritz filter is out of the question, so what is the best low budget
scroungeable filter?

It is essential to keep the parts requirements low, as his access and funds
are limited.

Thanks for the help, I want to make sure this coil works well.

Jonathan Peakall