Re: Mineral oil in australia??

Original poster: "Stacy Gillett by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sgillett-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Like others have mentioned in their replies, I found some mineral oil at a
local livestock feed shop.  It was fairly cheap, so I went for it.  I've
also seen it in smaller bottles in chemist shops: these were more expensive
per litre and no doubt would have perfumes and other additives that aren't
helpful in a tank capacitor.

One thing you might want to keep in mind, though: in Australia, it seems
that mineral oil is more commonly sold under the name of "liquid paraffin",
which might be why you're having trouble finding it.  Most of the people in
these shops didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for a few
litres of "mineral oil".  Be prepared for a few blank stares if you don't
use the correct phrasing :-)

--
Stacy Gillett
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/stacy