Re: nice coil pics

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Hi Terry,

The primary coils do connect at the center of each winding, and are wound
in opposite direction.  Let me clarify.  The conductor is being spiraled in
the same direction throughout the coil, but at the middle it begins moving
outward instead of inward.  Tricky to explain, but i think you can get the
idea.  I did this because my primary was too small when i finished the
coil.  So this was an easy alternative.  Also, i did try off axis tuning,
and it did not work nearly as good!  It put out maybe 36" when tuned with
the off axis coil, but up to 45" with the extra coil actually coupled
(somewhat).
It worked out nicely.  I dont have any pics of the second primary coil though.

Steve Ward.

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/featuredemail