Re: Magnifier conversion

Hi All,

Busy day ;-)

I got my new 6 x 26 inch toroid done.  Just a 6 x 8foot duct taped to a 16
inch pizza pan with aluminum duct tape.  But it fits the bill perfectly.  I
also made a raised base and all for the extra coil.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0413-10.jpg

Looks pretty good ;-)

I milled a nice disk to mount the extra coil to the base tube out of 3/8
Lexan so it is stable.  It still needs a corona ring.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0413-11.jpg

It is nice to now have the ability to mill these goofy parts ;-))  These
little Sherline machines do very well and they are easily small enough to
use on a desk indoors (shop vac not shown ;-)).  I find I use it all the
time so it was well worth the cost.  It could easily mill an 8 inch rotor
(probably a 12 inch if a thought about it) and just about anything smaller.

I tested the new extra coil outside and got 184kHz.  So with L3 = 22.1mH we
get 33.8pF for C3.  I had the base wire laying on the ground and such so
that may have affected things?  Not sure...  Have to recheck :-p

So really all the conversion needs now is the new primary, secondary, and
C2 capacitor.

Cheers,

	Terry