Re: Freon / High Voltage Supplies Cooling

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Actually Sue, (especially when you say you worked for Lambda), you were most
likely seeing fluoronert (sp), not freon.  Lambda uses this type of colling
in lots of their
highest power high voltage supplies.  That rolling / boiling effect is an
extremely effective way to aid in the cooling of these supplies.  This type
of internal cooling system is then coupled
to a liquid cooled exchanger which provides superior cooling over almost all
other methods.  This is the reason Lambda can build these 60kW high voltage
supplies which are smaller than
anyone else in the world makes for the power.

The Captain