From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 8:13 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: RE: Z-Machine Sparkage- Try this at home!!

Original poster: "Yurtle Turtle by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Very interesting work.

How were you able to capture the photo:
"electrostatic_9.jpg"? Since this was a short lived
event at the beginning of the discharge, was this
simply trial and error?

thanks
Adam

http://www.briananddebbie-dot-com/images/Backyard%20Science/Water_Arcs/water_arc
  > s.htm
  >
  > Next Steps:
  >
  > 1) I need to measure the cap voltage and see how
  > high it's getting before it
  > fires. My expectation is this will allow me to
  > increase the gap setting from
  > .25" to around .75" thus putting more energy into
  > arc.
  >
  > 2) I want to reduce the surface tension of the water
  > and see what effect
  > this has. It may create a more pronounced effect on
  > the water or maybe not.
  > I'm not sure.
  >
  > More to come...
  >
  > Regards,