Magnifier design

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Hi:

I tried a small magnifier design using materials that I have:
Mode 3:4:5 with C1=5.07 nF, L3=28.2 mH, and C3=10 pF leads to:
C1=    5.0700000000 nF
L1=   63.4082840237 µH
C2=   81.2698412698 pF
L2=    3.9480000000 mH
C3=   10.0000000000 pF
L3=   28.2000000000 mH
k12=     0.3504383220
Voltage gain:   22.5166604984
Energy transfer time:     6.6732 µs
Resonance 1:   224.7796 kHz
Resonance 2:   299.7061 kHz
Resonance 3:   374.6326 kHz
Resonance L1-C1:   280.7005 kHz
Resonance L2-C2:   280.9745 kHz
Resonance L3-C3:   299.7061 kHz

L2, C1, C3, and the power supply: The same that I have used in my
last coil:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/tefp.html
The driver can be a flat primary and a short solenoidal secondary:
Primary:
Inner radius=8 cm; Outer radius=12 cm;
14 turns of insulated #18 wire; 62 uH. Turns assembled over a plastic
disk, in a construction similar to what I used in my Tesla coil:
http://www.coe.ufrj.br/~acmq/tesla/flatcoil.jpg
Secondary:
Radius: 7.4 cm; Height: 10 cm;
175 turns of #24 magnet wire; 3.95 mH; Wound over a PVC tube.
I hope that it can sustain the expected 30 kV over it.
Coupling coefficient: 0.35 with the secondary winding starting 8 mm
above the plane of the primary. Easy to adjust.
C2:
Circular flat plate capacitor with 2.5 mm acrylic as dielectric.
I can try to reduce corona by covering the plate edges with silicone
caulk, or by using metal disks with the edges rolled up as plates.
I would need about 4 cm of radius, discounting 10 pF for distributed
capacitances. I will measure the correct value experimentally.
Assembled directly over L2.
The simulations show that losses in the coils, all made with relatively
thin wire, are small enough.
To be constructed when I find some time.

Regards,

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz