OLTC - IGBT bricks

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

Hi guys,

I've been doing some research on IGBT bricks. It looks as if the latest
ones are actually one enormous die rather than dozens of little ones in
parallel. Check out this one for instance:

http://www.pwrx-dot-com/pwrx/docs/cm600ha24h.pdf

This means that they should be usable (or even excellent) in an OLTC. There
are a whole bunch of these (used) dirt cheap on EBay just now. Like 50
bucks for 4, or 300 bucks for 28 (!) I'd buy some, but the seller won't
ship to the UK.

P.S. I'm going walkabout for a week, will be off-list for a while

Steve C.