7.5 or 5.0kv

Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

Hello,

Attempt number two on the toroid went better.  Still rather homely, but
everything is relative.

I have another question for you guys:  Over the weekend I wound a secondary
out of #32 heavy build, 13" of windings, on 2" PVC pipe.  I want to keep
this small, so I plan to mount the whole pri/sec assembly on one of these
12" fiberboard circles that Home Depot sells for about two bucks.  The
toroid is the previously mentioned disaster with measurements about 9 by 3
1/2.  I've collected a wide variety of transformers over time, and was
hoping to use a 5kv/20ma ignition transformer that I robbed out of a small
space heater.  Would this be acceptable, or would I be better off with one
of the 7.5/30s?  I have looked thru the archives and tried to search the
Tesla Ring (hard to find anything using keywords on the Webring), and
haven't come up with anything definitive.  This is my first coil since I
was a kid (Model T coil driven; didn't work so well), and I would like to
avoid screwing it up right off.  Looking for a few thoughts given the
secondary size.

Thanks,
John Richardson