RE: Transformer for Sale? POTENTIAL TRANSFORMER

Original poster: "Chris Roberts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <quezacotl_14000000000000-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Sorry about the stupid question, but I'm just curious about one thing. How
is it that you can push these things over their ratings? Is it simply that
they aren't current limited and you can set their ballast to run at over
their ratings? Will they draw more than their ratings naturally? Sorry, I
guess I'm still used to living in "NST land" =D

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz "

Look no further. Forget those wimpy NSTs. If you want a 15kv/90 or
15kv/120 you've come to the right place.
How about a 14.4kV -at- 240mA ! ! ! ! Now thats some serious power in a small
package.

You want a potential transformer for maximum effect on the small scale.
GE has these wonderful potential transformers rated at 1.5kVA, 14.4kV pri,
120V sec which can be pushed to
3.5kW no problem for long periods of time. These transformers are also much
easier to use than pole transformers
as well as they are dry and are relatively light compared to pole
transformers. They also don't need a large current
limiting ballast such as an arc welder etc like their big pole brother
counterparts. A simple 500ft spool of 12 AWG wire from Home Depot makes! a
wonderful ballast for these things. Terry Blake, myself, and others have
used the poor man's ballast with huge success!

Here is picture of my potential transformer coil. This coil is running ONLY
at 2.0kW also as the cord length from the basement of house to backyard and
through extension cord acted like a ballast itself and really restricted the
power.

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/images/ctc3_arcs01.jpg

Whats that you say? "Where can I get one?"

Easy. Ebay has one right now. And better yet, the guy that is selling them
on ebay has a boatload of them. If you email him directly (click on his
name on ebay listing), he can sell you one outright. Just tell him I
referred you and that you are from the Tesla Group and he'll give you a good
price.

Here is the ebay listing:

http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2524142298&category=4665

The Captain