TRSSTC

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I have read ACMQ's papers on magnifier design, and have been considering
adding a third resonance to my DRSSTC, making a TRSSTC. Because the current
going through the IGBTs is always in phase with the voltage driving it, I
won't see any efficiency benefit, but I think that by adding an additional
resonance, I will be able to use even less primary capacitors for the same
energy transfer.

I have played with Matlab and Pspice simulations, but haven't found a
parameter combination that works, even in theory.  Antonio's analysis
starts with a charged primary capacitor, and with careful placement of
modes and residues, transfers all the energy to the final capacitor.
Instead, I'm driving the input capacitor with a sine or square wave like in
the DRSSTC (but there is another LC in the ladder).

I don't know if this is a straightforward transient analysis and I'm just a
moron, or if it is tougher than it looks. Any suggestions?

Jimmy