water arc expolsion- was: water as spark gap dielectric

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

Hi all,

With all the talk on the two Tesla lists about water arc SGs and
so on, I thought that I may take the oppurtunity to post a little
safety reminder. I think most of us are discharging only a few
joules of energy with these experiments, but when you start
discharging multi-kJoules into water, all of that released ener-
gy has to manifest itself someway. I believe Richard Hull has
done some experiments with water arc exlposions, so you
may want to talk to him before you attempt such an endeavor.
Just like with quarter shrinking, you can get yourself seriously
hurt with the water arc explosion if you don't know what you're
doing! Sorry, I can't recall R. Hull's webpage maybe someone
else on the list has it handy.

David Rieben