Re: Electrical Properties of Aluminum and Network Analzyer was : RE: Brass

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Terry,

That test is severely flawed:
First, we already know that for the same cross-sectional area, aluminum has
a higher resisitivity per unit length than copper.  No need to use
a network analyzer for this.
Secondly, a network analyzer is not going to tell you squat about how an
oxidized coil performs under high rf current conditions like those occurring
in a
tesla coil.  You really need to make the measurements somehow at the rated
power levels you are going to operate at for the data to be meaningful.

The Captain