Re: Sherline was - Re: Magnifier primary

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

In a message dated 4/22/03 6:47:51 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>IMO, a cordless drill is far more useful than a drill press.  In fact, I
>put a nice 14.4V Dewalt on my wedding registry! o:)  (along with a new
>Gerber multitool and a plasma globe!)  Not the best for high precision
>work, or where the hole needs to be perpendicular +-1 degree, but screws
>get tiresome by hand!  A nice cordless drill will set you back about the
>same as a nice tabletop drillpress.
>
>I haven't used many cordless tools, but the Dewalt products I have used
>have been generally of very high quality, and nicer than the other brands I
>have used.  I, too, have no affiliation with Dewalt, and am only passing
>along my experiences. ;)
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark Broker
>Chief Engineer, The Geek Group

Hello Mark, all,

Amen! I also have a 14.4 V heavy duty DeWalt drill and it is undoubtedly
the most used tool in my shop! About $200 new, but built like Ft. Knox!
A definite must for my shop ;-)

David Rieben