Re: Static Spark Gap

Hi Daniel and John,

At 12:58 AM 4/24/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>There is no way to calculate the spark gap info? (length, how many pieces
>*RQ style*, etc.)

A search on the web will give the details of RQ gap construction.  Great gaps!!

>We want it to fire 200 BPS, running a 12kV 60mA NST, MMC consisting of 11
>capacitors each .15 uF.

The 200 BPS will "magically" work out.  I am not sure why, but static gaps
just tend to naturally run at about 200 BPS...  Your 11 x 0.15uF caps is
fine.  No worries there...

>We just are having problems trying to constuct something that will give us
>200 BPS.  Is there any way to build a static gap with any degree of accuracy?

Static gaps are a little "chaotic".  "Accuracy" does not apply.  But I
think it will all work out just fine ;-)  If you need "perfect", like
crystal controlled, 200.000 BPS, then we gotta talk ;-))  But otherwise,
your are gonna be fine...

Cheers,

         Terry