Re: my friends coil

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

You may be off resonance with your tuning.

Try a "scrap wire" primary of 30 turns with a bare spot scraped off every
turn (stagger these).  Keep your variac at 30% until you can find the best
resonance point.

Then, using some scrap pieces of wood, experiment with the elevation of your
sec. coil above the primary until you find the sweet spot.  After these
procedures you can now bring your variac up to full power and you should
have a nice output.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.