Re: Magnifier conversion

Hi All,

My Magnifier conversion is getting close to being done.  Today I was
testing the L2, C2 system:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0426-01.jpg

I predicted the C2 would need to be 164pF.  But with the Cself of L2, the
wire from L2 to L3 and the corona rings, I predicted that the real C2
capacitor would have to be 134pF to tune this part of the system to
160.0kHz.  As it turned out C2 actually had to be adjusted 133.5pF ;-)))  I
guess I am getting pretty good at this stuff after all these years :o)  But
really, the computer models predict things almost better than I can measure
now.  C2 just has a wire to remove bottom caps from the stack as needed:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0426-02.jpg

for corona rings, I just bent 5/8 copper tubing on a circle and it holds to
the frames well with friction.  I used copper tape to make the connections:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0426-03.jpg

So all is going very well and the actual hardware is performing as
predicted and designed perfectly.  I can't say enough how nice that
is!!  Doing these things by trail and error is a pain!!

Tonight I hope to get the rest put together and do some signal generator
testing were the signal generator is programmed with a simulated primary
signal.  That should confirm the rest of the tuning and all.

Then tomorrow, it will all go to the Denver High Voltage Meeting for first
light.

Cheers,

	Terry