one component closer to first light

Original poster: "Christopher \"CajunCoiler\" Mayeux by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>

As of this morning (04/28), I am now one component closer to first light...
I finally got the "terry filter" completed.  It looks like heck, but it's
done, and it's also within the realm of functional.

Take a peek at...
http://members.cox-dot-net/cajuncoiler/Images/filter0001.jpg
http://members.cox-dot-net/cajuncoiler/Images/filter0003.jpg

You're not seeing things... those white blobs are actual
hot-glue.  In case you hadn't guessed yet, I took surface
mount technology to the high voltage level... nothing you
see protrudes to the other side of the board.

To top it all off, the whole thing, with the exception of
the power resistors, is covered with 7 shimmering coats of polyurethane for
that "make it look nice, but ward off the lossy corona" look.

In final coil construction, this board will be mounted on
top the NST, with an extra chunk of 2x12 glued in between.
(just to make sure)

Now to start constructing the MMC... had the caps since
last month, and nowhere near enough time to get it all put
together in the timeframe I'd like.

...just thought I'd keep y'all up to date as to what's going on over in MY
lab... even if it IS unfolding
slowly, it's still unfolding.

---
Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux