Re: synch with a pole pig coil (again)

Original poster: "Bart Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <classi6-at-classictesla-dot-com>

Hi David,

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

>It's my understanding though that the RF
>currents are the main cause of dielectric heating and if
>I was running synch at 120 bps, that should result in
>a reduction of the RF currents, assuming all other
>factors remain the same.
>David Rieben
The RF currents are due to the oscillation of primary LC. Hmm, how can I
put this?
Are you saying the RF heating would be reduced by reducing how often the
gap oscillates?
I know, that sounds odd the way I've worded it. Anyway, I'm contemplating
the situation and just wanted to clarify that point.

Take care,
Bart

PS. David, I like the 0.165uF.