Re: 1/2" tungsten roundstock?

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

Dave:

We carry standard 1/2-13 NC screw-in tungsten tips in stock.  They are
tungsten surface (1/4 inch thick) and are welded to copper.  We use 1 1/4
inch long x 1/2 inch dia brass rod axially in the G-10 rotor.  The
electrodes screw into these brass holders.  They are pressed in to the G-10
rotor.

In our commercial coils used 2-3 times per day x 7 days per week they
usually last 4-5 years.  In a private coil operated on an occassional basis
they would probably last your entire lifetime.

For the two large stationary electrodes we use 1 inch dia. tungsten screw-in
electrodes fitted to 1 inch dia. brass holders which slide tightly into 2 x
2 x 2 inch brass blocks.  A 1/4-20 setscrew in the top allows adjustment of
the holders.

In the range of 7.5 to 15 kVA we use this size electrodes.  Above 15 kVA we
use 1 inch dia. electrodes.

Please contact us off-list.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation