Re: Adjusting coeff. of coupling --- with the coil running!!

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>

We use a phenolic rod (could also be plastic) that fits over the 3/8-16.
The brass threaded piece fits inside of the phenolic rod.

It overlaps about 3/4 inch and a perpendicular hole is drilled
simultaneously through both pieces.  A small dowel pin or steel nail serves
to "pin" the two together.  The same method is used on the motor end with
the motor's drive going up inside the phenolic rod (drilled out).

Almost any type of motor can be used.  We prefer a small motor that doesn't
interfere with the magnetic field (min.) and a DC motor so it can be easily
reversed.  A 12 VDC or 24 VDC motor works great and they are available from
the surplus houses for approx $5-$10.

Be sure to make your brass receiving crosspiece at least 3/8th inch thick so
you maintain a good ground with the sec. at all time.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913