RE: DC Resonance Charging Advice Sought

Original poster: "Dave Kyle by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

I am now definitely going to add some sort of spring loaded shorting switch
with a suitable resistor to instantly discharge the smoothing caps. I think
I can construct something that will be easier to use and more reliable than
a shorting stick. This will permit service on the system immediately
following operation.

I already have a 7KV Sodium hexafluoride relay which I could use as you
suggest. My concern with an automatic relay is that if for any reason it
remained closed when the power supply was energized it would be very bad. I
need to give this subject some more thought; perhaps a manually operated
momentary relay would be the ticket.

I really appreciate the design feedback as they definitely result in
improvements I might not have implemented even over time. It is safe to say
I would never have gotten this far this fast had it not been for this list.

Dave

Dave Kyle
Austin, TX USA