Re: DC Resonance Charging Advice Sought

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Dave,

You could simply kill two birds with one stone - connect all of your DC
storage caps in series so that your bank capacitance is 1.75 uF instead of
7 uF. Leave the existing pairs of 100 meg resistors across each capacitor
(for DC voltage balancing across the chain) and add three 100 Meg bleeders
in parallel across the entire bank. This will reduce the stored energy in
the bank to 1/4 of what it was previously - still more than adequate. It
will also drop Tau down to ~50 seconds so that the bank voltage decay to a
safe level of less than 45 volts after five minutes.

Best regards,

-- Bert --
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by Ultrastrong Fields,
Lichtenberg Figures (electrical discharges in acrylic), & Scarce OOP