Spark gaps

Original poster: "John by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>

In my boredom I've come up with the following ideas for Spark Gaps

Note: for TCs with cap in series with out put of H.V. Transformer.

1.) I was wording if static gap efficiency could be improved by adding a
resistor of small value between the Tank and primary to add more resistance
than that of the reactance of the tank cap and primary in order to "force"
the AC though the spark gap. It has been noted ,by many a coiler, that
static gap coils with high inductance primaries have better gap performance
than those with low inductance primaries. Also the added resistance will
most likely cause the damping affect to occur faster allowing for more
energy from the "T1" transformer to be transfered to the secondary. Hence
improving efficiency. As soon as I can I'll try this out on my coil. (and
maybe a new filter.)

2.) I also came up with the idea of using cap voltage to trigger a
triggered spark gap by using my favorite semi-conductor,the varistor, and a
variable resistor. It's set up in that, a lead coming off of the triggered
gap is connected to a varistor, and that in series is with the variable
resistor, and finally the loose end of the variable resistor is connected
in between the cap and primary. Note: If using idea 1 with this between cap
and R1.

3.) Inquiry: If cap value affects the power deviled by a sync gap as
pointed out by Richie, why isn't there a sync gap with multi-bps?

Thanks for listening to me ramble,
John G.