Re: Tuning help

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 8/21/03 7:32:28 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

John,

I ran some quick calculations on your coil.  If you really have 5 .01 uf
caps in series, for .002 uf per string, and 25 strings in parallel, you
have a total of .05 uf.  This is about twice as much as you need to be in
tune.  When tapped at turn 7, you need only about .017 uf.  When tapped at
turn 6 (which allows some room for tuning) you need .024 uf.  So - remove
about one half of the strings, start at turn 6 and tune for longest sparks.

Ed Sonderman