Big Powerstats was RE: Unknown Powerstats

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I got a better deal than both of you!
I recently picked up a triple stack of GE Variacs for $120.00 !
Of course I probably ruined my car transporting it home.
Each variac of the triple stack is rated at 0-520VAC, 32A, 60Hz !

http://users.snip-dot-net/~liche/powerstat01.jpg

Ganged up, i could easily push 200A (short duty) or 100A (continous) for
controlling
a pole transformer coil etc...  I'm going to mount these on a dolly and
then have a big racing car type
steering wheel on top for the control handle!  At least, until i have a
house and can mount in a large rack-mount
enclosure.

The Captain