Re: newbie questions

Original poster: "harry by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harry-at-prcn-dot-org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: July 22, 2003 10:05 PM
Subject: Re: newbie questions

 > Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

Hello Ken

The caps were measured by a friend of mine who has a TV repair business I
did not see what scale the meter was on when he measured them, the first
attempt had an ESR of 25 and 30 but I had used zap straps to hold them
together  and they failed shortly after being emersed in Xfr oil apparently
the oil causes the poly to swell and it blew out the zap straps the ESR went
to 145 and 190 respectively I then re-rolled them and used rings I cut from
pvc drain pipe to hold them together.The caps show no evidence of warming in
anyway in fact I have run the coil almost steady for over 30 mins. with no
warming of any components. When I finish the next coil I will tidy this one
up and see if one of the local schools would be interested in it.