RE: TC plans

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

Probably not.

You may have noticed that of all of the coils seen on the web and
elsewhere, no two are the same.  This is due to several factors.

While folks wishing to be creative and unique may account for some
diversity, the main reason is one of simple economics.  If folks followed a
plan, they would have to use only the prescribed NST, and the prescribed
capacitor, and the prescribed top load, etc.  The odds of finding these
specific parts cheaply at a flea market or sign shop are remote.  So, you
scrounge for whatever cheap/free parts you can find, and then have to be
competent to juggle the other design parameters to accommodate your
particular mix of parts.

Start by finding a used NST, then come back and ask the List where to go
from there.  You'll get 20 different answers, but that's how you
learn.  Besides, this wouldn't be any fun if it were as simple as following
an Easy Bake Oven recipe.

Gary Lau
MA, USA