Re: Tungsten electrode wear

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr-at-bellsouth-dot-net>

Hey Steve...

as Peter mentioned..    drill thru a bolt ( preferably a round head hex
head 5/16 th")  and then insert rod and then crimp lightly in a vise to
hold rod ...  use pure tungsten  first choice  (   lathanated  second
choice  thorated 3rd choice) rods...

Pure seems to last longer for my system    thorated does burn off faster (
rounds out quicker and shortens faster) tried lathanated and doesnt seem to
make  difference between this and pure....

the important part is your design in your SRG      triple ( one set
front,  disc, and one set back) electrodes or ring style on the disc (
electrodes on the front disc has a ring to conduct to opposite
electrode)  I seem to have problems with this design due to pre/post-firing
( shows up as arc marks on the ring previous or post electrode placement)
due to rotatoin of the motor in its mounts....

something to think about

Scot D