Re: Filament Issue

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

You bet its a problem!  The tube needs to be a certain temperature for it
to go into its normal emission state.  4V is a far far cry of
10V!  Normally, we use something like a -2%/+5% tolerance for tubes.  So
you want like 9.8-10.5V on that filament.  Your lucky you did not destroy
the tube already. Its very bad to run a tube that is not fully heated.  Get
a new filament supply!