Re: and oddity or a normality?

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren1-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 2:42 AM
Subject: and oddity or a normality?

 > Original poster: "Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux" <cajuncoiler-at-cox-dot-net>
 >
 > That's when I noticed something that intrigued me severely... there
 > was a constant corona discharge going on, between the top secondary
 > winding and the strike rail.  Not intense enough to form a full-on
 > streamer, but more of a lavender glow, that was all the way around
 > like an electric veil/curtain.

Hi Christopher
I and many others use a smaller toroid underneath the larger one. With my 6
inch coil I have 8 foot sparks from a 32 inch coil and NEVER have any
primary strikes.  If you look really closely on the enlarged photo on the
front page of my site http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren you will see only
the faintest glow from the top of the coil itself.  Contrast this with the
same coil without the small toroid
http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/T6_windy_small.JPG and I get MOSTLY
primary strikes.

Cheers