Re: coil at school?

Original poster: Zagarus Rashkae <arbitrarily_random-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi Kevin,

Tesla coils do not cause such spikes in mains wiring.
I have left all my computers on and all other devices
plugged in while running my Tesla coil before, they
have suffered no ill effects. The only thing to worry
about is if you ground the TC to socket ground (don't
do it! Always have a good dedicated RF ground.) In a
classroom it may be difficult to get a good RF ground.
If you make a twin (bipolar) TC then you won't need a
ground, which then will be very portable.

Regards,

Chris Lu