Re: vttc

In fact, when I was turning some 4" diameter white PVC on a lathe one day
(to clean it up and get a nice smooth surface, as well as cut some grooves),
I discovered that the white was only a thin surface layer, and that there
was grey and black underneath it.

Waterpipe PVC is only spec'd for carrying water, so it's free of toxic
contaminants and can handle the rated pressure.

As Dan points out, the grey stuff for electrical conduit doesn't have to
handle any pressure, but it does have to have a fairly well defined
dielectric strength.