Re: coil at school?

Original poster: CanalRay-at-aol-dot-com

I never have had a problem running Tesla Coils at school demos in regard to
the RF noise issue. However, it is always wise to have a test run to check
things out. Watch where the coil is in relation to any smoke detectors. I
have tripped them off on several occasions due to I believe, the Ozone
generated. When these are tripped in schools, etc., they have to be reset
by the local fire department. A group of Boy Scouts I did a demo for
thought the fire department showing up was a nice intermission break.

Tom Vales