RE: NEWBIE

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Ive built a twin SSTC that makes some pretty long sparks (35" to date).
There is a lot of information on it here:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/SSTC4.htm

SSTCs are not for newbies though as they involve a lot of complicated
circuitry that is very fragile.  Though, once they work well, they are
pretty tough.

With this twin SSTC, i HAD to float the interconnection of the secondaries,
otherwise they would not work as well together.  So there is no ground at
all (the electronics also cant be grounded in my circuit for other reasons)
when running as a twin.

Steve