Re: Water absorbtion of Gray PVC

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

On 11 Dec 2003, at 18:06, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: jimmy hynes <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>
 >

 >  > Power draw varies considerably depending on whether the
 >  > streamers are attached or not from about 800W (air) to around 1.3kW
 >  > (attached).
 >
 > How can the power draw change? It seems to me that more power may make
 > it to the sparks, but the breakrate and charging voltage wouldn't
 > change.
 >
 > =====
 > Jimmy

You'd think so wouldn't you. However, that's what a power meter
connected to the mains supply showed. Since I am no longer able to do
this, perhaps someone else might care to have a look at this with
their coil and power meter. I did wonder whether energy was being
left in transformer reactances but am only speculating. This was
measured last century and the figures are quoted from memory. I
didn't quite believe what I was seeing either.

Malcolm