Re: New SSTC and topology in need of review

Original poster: jimmy hynes <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi,

I remember seeing that circuit too, and thought it was pretty cool. What do
you expect to gain
from a higher input voltage? The only thing I can see is the increased
number of primary turns
needed for an impedance match. Unless you are using 1 turn on normal SSTCs,
I don't see the
benefit.

 > Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > I have been working out my latest SSTC designed in the hopes that higher
 > voltage across the primary coil will work better than typical low voltages
 > of some 170-340V.  This new design should be able to produce about 1400V
 > across the primary in a very unique way:
 >
 > http://www.hot-streamer-dot-com/srward16/SSSSTC.htm
 >
 > Ive been studying this topology for a long time now and im in the process
 > of building this thing because i just have to see it for myself.  Basically
 > i would like for you guys to analyze this topology and give me some
 > feedback on potential problems/benefits i may see.  I look forward to what
 > the solid state experts say.  Maybe this will lead to a new avenue in solid
 > state tesla coiling... though i have a feeling many would not like to
 > reproduce a 16 fet design (or 32 fets if things go well :O).
 >
 > So lets hear it! what do you all think?
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > Steve Ward

=====