Re: An enhanced toroid shape?

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

 > Still going for white: I think what matters is that this white zone is
 > smeared on the toroid evenly, without any conspicous protrusions.

Ok, but note that if the shape is modelled with few rings, the white
area can be very irregular. Add more rings if this happens.
Note also that the program uses gray for areas where the electric
field or the potential exceeds what it should be if the surfaces
were continuous, and not split in thin rings. If you zoom in at the
surfaces, what you see is nonphysical, artifacts of the simulation
method.

 > It may be helpfull to know, that circles and parapoloids are drawn
 > counterclockwise, with 0 degrees located at 3 o`clock.
 > Something that has kept me on "my" toes for some time.

This is the normal convention for angles.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz