Tesla's orphans

Original poster: "Rick Logan" <shanibaraq-at-earthlink-dot-net>

     To whom it may concern:
     I don't know if this is even the right place, because you mostly talk
about Tesla coils, and that's OK. Tesla coils are cool. This relates to
Tesla, but not Tesla coils. I've got this book in front of me. Nikola Tesla
Collected German and American Patents . Now I don't have a background in
electronics, and I am way, way out of my league here. I have questions, and
no clue on how to get an answer , but here goes.
     Tesla designed a fountain, you know a public water fountain. If
anyone's ever done anything with that, I didn't hear it. The coils get all
the attention, the fountain gets none of the attention.
     This book has five different patents that pertain to producing high
currency electrical current. The only people I know that know anything
about electronics, which I don't, tell me there's one standard speed for
electric current. For all I know, the terminology could be the problem.
Maybe they're not even talking about the same thing. I'm sure Tesla saw
some practical applications, but I have no idea of what they might be.
     Tesla had patents for broadcasting electrical power, just like radio
signals. These patents are on the record. Has anyone in the last hundred
years tested this? Checked their results against his?
     I found 2 patents for a radiant energy source:
    * Utilization of Radiant Energy (685,957)
    * Method for Utilizing Radiant Energy (685,958)
     I think he might be talking about solar power, but what I don't
understand is why this device is a cogenerational device. Why does this
device need another power source to work? Does one supply the positive, and
the other the negative electrical charge?  I'm sure there's a practical
reason for doing this, I just don't know what it is.
     Any constructive input would be appreciated.
     Thank you for  your time.
     Happy Holidays,

Rick Logan
<mailto:shanibaraq-at-earthlink-dot-net>shanibaraq-at-earthlink-dot-net