Re: Toroid capacitance reduction

We measure the toroid cap stack on cardboard boxes at the exact same height
as the toroid would be operating atop the coil.  It always measures 10-20%
lower atop the coil.  I've always attributed this to the metal copper turns
of the coil acting as a shield for the electrostatic lines eminating from
the lower section of the toroid.

With the effect of shielding turns on the coilform the toroid's capacitance
value should always be less not more because the toroid is the exact same
dimensions from all other points in the room.  The coil's turns are acting
as a shield to cut off the electrostatic lines.

I've measasured this with 12, 20, 24, 30, 34.5, and 48 inch major dia.
toroids.  It seems to be consistent when toroid dimensions are equal to 2
times the coilform dia.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.