ozone and Tesla

Original poster: "Steve Cook" <steve-at-g8cyerichmond.freeserve.co.uk>

Looking back over the posts regarding the smell of ozone. I used to make
ozone for chemistry experiments when I was teaching, we used pure oxygen as
the feed, and it defintely had a smell, not anywhere near as sharp as the
nitrogen oxides. To my mind it is infinitely more pleasant to smell,
although I don't advise it. Well that is an aside, I did some websearcing
an came up with this snippet "In September 1896, the electrical genius
Nikola Tesla patented his first ozone generator, and in 1900, he formed the
Tesla Ozone Company. Tesla sold ozone machines to doctors for medical use,
the same thing we are doing 100 years later, with a design based on one of
his from the 1920s. We have seen one of these 75 year old generators, and
it still works perfectly. Tesla produced ozonated olive oil and sold it to
naturopaths, and we do, too." This came from

http://www.geocities-dot-com/ojoronen/OZ.HTM

An interesting site though I don't agree with everything it says!!!!