Re: Inner tubes - Failure pictures

Original poster: C T <ct451-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The green foam is made in holland by bison
(www.bison-dot-net). I think that color is part of their
trademark because you see it on all their products
even though a lot of the glues they market are made by
UHU in germany.

Chris

:: Included my previous reply to Gary Lau's questions
below (I think the list got the hiccups again) ::

I made 12 1/4" cuts on the tube but my guess is that a
lot
more are needed. The tube, except from the part where
the
label is, does look filled up without any voids. The
density
of the foam inside is very low. It feels like a sponge
when
you press on it.
This is a step up from my first attempt with a tube
with no
vents. The foam that time was as if it was still in
the can,
took forever to solidify and when I removed the can
all the
air came out.
More holes could be the answer although I'm afraid the
foam
may not be strong enough to expand the tube to a
diameter of
3+ inches.

The specs for the coating I mentioned are at
http://www.cramolin.de/lackeen.htm#emilac

Thanks again,
Chris