OHVM On-Line

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

All

All my work to date on the Optically Isolated High Voltage Monitor
(OHVM)
is on line at hotstreamer at:

  http://dave-at-hot-streamer-dot-com/dave/

OHVM I.XLS are JPGS showing some work to date, complete report
to date is OHVM1doc.doc.
OHVMI.xls   shows JPG captures of circuit operating and PCB stuff.
OHVM1doc.doc is complete report; warning doc file is big (~4.2Meg)
Word 97 format, with references and imbedded JPGs.

Bottom lines:
1.  It works, very very well.
2.  It has high accuracy, typically <0.5% transfer error.
3.  It has high bandwidth approaching 200kHz.
4.  Finally, it is scaleable to perhaps beyond 100kV with
      proper divider design.

Final pieces are comparator and timer interfaces to real world
and isolated power supply to run HV referenced diff-amp.
Hope to start layout work on signal conversion board tonight,
HV divider board is etched, drilled and all parts mounted
awaiting epoxy encapsulation.

Will post final schema, parts list, and block diagram as OHVMII.xls
Excel format in near future once final PCB asembly, calibration
and system testing is complete...

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA