Re: To All

Hi,

Are we sure that is just not a "hot pixel" in the camera's CCD sensor
8-)    Note this rather famous top terminal picture where "hot pixels" in
the camera's sensor are used to give a star field effect.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/GarryFreemyer.jpg

The original is at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/GarryFreemyer.bmp

If anyone wants to compare "fingerprints" of such CCD defects with the spot
in question.  JPG compression and all that help to add flavor to such
defects.  Those effects are all predictable if one knows of such complex
math stuff.

A search on "hot pixels" revels that there is now almost a branch of
science devoted to these little pests of the low light digital photographer
;-))

Ross O. and I traded many E-mails on these with our camera's.  I think our
cameras (3.2Meg Pixel) gain a new hot pixel every few months...  I
sometimes have to go edit them out of low light pictures...  Astronomer's
have to be super careful since a suddenly developed hot pixel looks just
like that new planet they have been looking for ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry