Re: Secondary resonance

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Chris Swinson by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <exxos-at-cps-games.co.uk>

 > If I have a coil which has a frequency of say 100khz, could I build a coil
 > which is say 50khz, and add a capacitor in series or parallel across this
 > coil to make it look like it is 100khz ? is that makes sence.....

Yes, if you could separate the "self-capacitance" of the coil from it.
As you can't, there is no way to do this. Any added capacitance will
only lower even more the resonance of the coil.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz