Re: J Ladder

Original poster: "Jonathon Reinhart by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <TC_Jonathon-at-hotmail-dot-com>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 8:11 PM
Subject: J Ladder

 > Original poster: "Cory Capps by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<corytesla-at-hotmail-dot-com>

 > This may sound stupid but I Bult a J. Ladder out of Two MOT's
 > And its Arc's are two friggen bright (And Hot)
 > I Have been blowing a 20amp breaker after a few runs (About 5)
 > Would A Varic Help, if so how meny amp's should it handle

You are blowing the breaker because the MOTs are not current limited. You
need a third mot to ballast the other two, and limit the current it draws.

Short cirucuit the secondary of the 3rd MOT, and hook its primary in series
with the other two's.... like this:
                           3rd MOT
       -------------)||(-------|
120                   )||(           |
       --|            |- )||(-------|
          |            |
          |            |
          |                                             )||(   MOT 1
          |                                             )||(   MOT 2

It helps to make a special outlet box with two outlets wired in series, but
make sure you label it or it can be dangerous!

Jonathon