Aussie question: Toroid as a shorted turn

Original poster: "Peter Terren by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pterren1-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

Dear Chip

No-one took me up on the question of the toroid as a shorted turn. I'm sure
that this shapes the E field and I suspect it flattens it a lot at the top
of the secondary possible explaining the predominantly horizontal
streamers. I'm not sure that the Etesla6 pics (on another thread) takes
this into account.

I hope to split my toroid duct tubing to unshort the turn for comparison.
Has anyone else done this?
Peter
<http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/index.html>http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/index.html