Re: Aussie question: Toroid as a shorted turn

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi Peter,

On 5 Feb 2003, at 7:57, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Peter Terren by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <pterren1-at-iinet-dot-net.au>

 > Dear Chip
 >
 > No-one took me up on the question of the toroid as a shorted turn. I'm sure
 > that this shapes the E field and I suspect it flattens it a lot at the top
 > of the secondary possible explaining the predominantly horizontal
 > streamers. I'm not sure that the Etesla6 pics (on another thread) takes
 > this into account.
 >
 > I hope to split my toroid duct tubing to unshort the turn for comparison.
 > Has anyone else done this?
 > Peter

<http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/index.html>http://members.iinet-dot-net.au/~pterren/index.html

I've done it and I think Greg Leyh has as well. I noticed no
operational difference and the impact on tuning was slight (less than
2% of Fr).

Regards,
Malcolm